24 year old Animal Shelter Attendant in Boston, MA
- Reading Now: Cat Sense by John Bradshaw
- Book You Just Finished: The Other End of the Leash by Patricia McConnell, PH.D.
- Favorite Book and/or Author: Terry Pratchett
- Favorite Genres: Sci-fi, historical fiction, and non-fiction psychology
- Book You've "Really Wanted to Read Next" for Several Years: The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir
- Least Favorite Book: Art of the Deal (sideeyes emoji)
- Shortest Number of Pages You've Read in a Book Before Deciding to Abandon It: 2
- Favorite Local Book Store and Why It's Your Favorite: Maple Street Book Shop is THE oldest independent bookshop in New Orleans, a neighborhood staple for 53 wonderful years, and I'm so sad to say they permanently closed the doors just weeks ago. The shop was split between two beautiful old shotgun-style houses in the Riverbend neighborhood, one house for kids and one for adults, and I still remember how excited I was to begin my "adult" reading adventures at age 8, the first time I was brave enough to switch sides. The proprietors were the kindest folks you'd ever meet, spending literal hours walking kids or knowledge-hungry elders through their curated collections of new books both mainstream and off the beaten tracks, and wrapping fragile antique tomes in soft gift papers with elaborate ribbons. Every purchase came with a bookmark bearing the slogan they had printed on coffee mugs and t-shirts: "FIGHT THE STUPIDS."