29 year old Public Service Professional in Boston, MA
- Reading Now: I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erica L. Sanchez and Lonely: Learning to Live with Solitude by Emily White
- Book You Just Finished: Building a Movement to End the New Jim Crow: An Organizing Guide by Daniel Hunter
- Favorite Book and/or Author: I have too many to name. My childhood favorite was Gail Carson Levine's Ella Enchanted because what is there not to love about a smart, independent, badass princess?
- Favorite Genres: I really love reading memoirs and young adult fiction. I love the window into how someone else figured out life that memoirs give. And I love how young adult fiction is so ready and able to deal with important, contemporary topics head-on. To that end, if you haven't read The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas- run, don't walk, to get it.
- Book You Really Want to Read Next: All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Book You've "Really Wanted to Read Next" for Several Years: Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Least Favorite Book: Everything we read in junior-year English class. The worst was Edith Warton's Ethan Frome- but I should probably revisit these books now.
- Shortest Number of Pages You've Read in a Book Before Deciding to Abandon It: I try to get through at least the first few chapters before I give up.
- Favorite Local Book Store and Why It's Your Favorite: I love the Harvard Bookstore (the independent one, not the coop) in Harvard Square. There's a little reading nook in the window by the cookbook section and I could (and have) sit there for hours reading.